I love a good flat bread. The dough is so easy with just 3 simple ingredients that I always have on hand plus you can usually top it with so many things just lying around. Got bbq sauce, tofu, red onion, bell peppers and some flour and you can make a flat bread! This one uses red sauce and and cashew cream as a base and then topped with butternut squash (which I can never get enough of) and some other yummy veggies!
For the dough-
1c wheat flour
1/3 c water
Pinch of salt
2/3rd cup marinara sauce
1/3rd cup cashew cream(optional)
1 package diced butternut squash
Olive oil (3tbsp)
2 leaves of kale
9 small tomatoes
Pine nuts (optional)
Nutritional Yeast (optional)
1.Preheat over 2 450.
2. Toss butternut squash in olive oil and salt
3. Remove kale from stems and chop. Slice tomato’s.
4. Roast butternut squash for 30-40 mins until slightly browned
5. Meanwhile add flour and salt to a mixing bowl adding water slowly and kneading with hands until a dough.
6. Using extra flour for dusting.. roll out into a thin flat crust.
7. I lightly greased a cooking sheet and baked it for about 5 mins
8. Mean while mix cashew cream and marinara (cashew cream optional but I like to add some creaminess since it’s cheese-less)
9. Flip crust and add toppings. First spread sauce, then add kale, sliced tomatoes and butternut squash and pine nuts of using.
10. Bake another 5-10 minutes until the kale is slightly crispy.
11. Add fresh cracked pepper/nutritional yeast to garnish!