1 can Jackfruit *
2 large tomatoes
1 handful basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced *
4 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp balsamic
Salt & Pepper
(If starred,* see notes)
1. Heat oven to 400F
2. Drain Jackfruit and smush the pieces with your fingers in order to "shred" the jackfruit, It should look similar to pulled pork.
3. Toss jackfruit in 2 tbsp olive oil and a few pinches of salt, Roast on cooking sheet for about 12 mins
4. Mean while, dice tomatoes, chop basil, and mince garlic.
5. Allow jackfruit to cool and combine all other ingredients. This results in a basic b*tch bruschetta. Still good, but please try not to eat it all yet. :D (haha), store in fridge until jack fruit is cool.
6. Combine Jackfruit with basic b*tch bruschetta. Try to allow flavors to blend by refrigerating for a couple hours before serving.
Jackfruit- I buy mine from trader joes in a brine, which probably helps it taste so savory. Roasting it with salt alone will definitely make it savory as well, but if you want to be safe you could use some poultry seasoning as well.
Garlic- You know damn well from my other recipes I wasn't sitting there mincing garlic. If you are like me and buy a jar of pre-minced garlic, use 2-3 tbsp since it is less strong than fresh garlic. :]