Let's just take a moment to give Hayley a Happy One Year Veganniversary! One one year being vegan saves at least 365 animals, 7436 lbs of CO2, 10,957 sq ft of forest, and a whopping 401,766 gallons of water! Incase you didn't think about it, we use a ton of resources to feed live stock including water and contributing to deforestation! If you don't think you are making a difference by having a meatless Monday, you are obviously wrongooo! You would be helping us save 1/7th of this every year! Amazing! Just a reminder that we all can contribute, even if total veganism seems unattainable.. your little efforts are seriously EVERYTHING!
With out further ado... Here is the recipe for Hayleys celebratory desert!
Pumpkin Spice Vegan Cheesecake
Need: 10 inch springform pan
3 ½ cup soaked raw cashews
1 lemon, juiced
8 oz (half can) pumpkin, canned
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp all spice
1 tbsp nutmeg
½ cup raw pecans
½ cup pitted dates
2 tbsp flaked coconut
pinch of pink salt
1. Add crust ingredients to food processor until it is just crumbles.
2. In a highspeed blender, add filling ingredients.
3. Blend it until completely smooth!
4. Press the crust onto a 10 in. spring form pan
5. Pour all of the filling over the crust. Freeze over night and allow 30 mins to thaw before decorating and serving!