BBQ Sloppy Jacks
Toppings (suggested- slaw, vegan mayo, tomato, grilled red onion)
Crockpot- Slow cook jack fruit on low with the bbq sauce and a little bit of the juice it came in. Once easlily shreddable, its ready to pile onto the bun! (2 hrs)
Stove top- Sauté jackfruit with a little of the liquid it came in or just some water and then cover to allow it to soften. Then I just shred it by stabbing it with a spatula and then turned off the heat and mixed in as much BBQ sauce as I wanted and piled it onto the bun with toppings!
Raw Vegan Lime Cheesecake
3 ½ cup soaked raw cashews
2/3 cup lime juice
2/3 cup agave
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup raw pecans
½ cup pitted dates
2 tbsp flaked coconut
pinch of pink salt
Berries, toppings, and garnish optional!
1. Add crust ingredients to food processor until it is at a consistency that you can press it to the bottom of your spring form pan.
2. In a highspeed blender, add filling ingredients.
3. Blend it until completely smooth!
4. Once you have pressed the crust onto the spring form pan, you can pour all of the filling over the crust. Freeze over night and allow 30 mins to thaw before decorating and serving!
Sweet and Spicy Chop Salad
Butternut squash, diced (I used one package from the store)
4 big kale leaves, stem removed and finely chopped
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup brown coconut rice (Rice cooked in coconut milk instead of water!)
½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
½ cup pumpkin seeds
salt to taste
olive oil for roasting squash
2 pts olive oil (or walnut oil, yum!)
1 pt red whine vinegar
.25 pt siracha
.25 pt garlic, minced
.25 pt agave- Seriously, just eyeball it and shake it up LOL
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Toss butternut squash in olive oil and salt
3. Prepare your ingredients and roast butternut squash for about 20-25 mins
4. Allow butternut squash to cool, shake up your dressing ingredients and toss salad
5. Add the butternut squash and dressing to the salad and toss again!
Notes- This salad keeps very well! Its even better the next day because kale is awesome marinated!